Three day weekends are great for quilting, especially when it's raining the whole time. Since we didn't want to go out and get soaked on a hike, we spent all of our time inside last weekend. I made a ton of progress on my projects.
First, I got most of the binding stitched down for the quilt I'm working on for my guild's UFO challenge (UhFinished Object). I only have about 25 inches of binding left to hand stitch. Then I need to go back and finish up the last little bit of quilting from where I ran out of thread on the inner border. I have until June 9 to finish, so I'm in great shape for the challenge.
After that, I worked on putting together the blocks for last year's retreat quilt. Each year, a few of us choose a pattern to start together at the guild retreat. I've had all of the blocks done for a while. Now they are all sewn into rows, the top is laid out, and a lot of the rows have been sewn together. I'm sewing the rows into three sections, then I will sew those together to complete the top. I was able to get the first two sections sewn over the weekend.
The construction method of this quilt produces just as many bonus triangles as there are triangles in the main quilt. I've been deliberating for quite a while over what I wanted to do with the bonus triangles. I've been pleasantly surprised by how many different designs I could come up with. I never thought 60 degree triangles would be so versatile. Over the weekend, I came up with the sketch that I'm planning to go with. I'm pleased with this layout.