350 Blocks Project: December Report

I don't know about you, but December seemed to fly by for me.  Life got busy, so I didn't have nearly as much time for quilting as usual.  I did have one big finish, though.  I assembled the blocks for Easy Street into a finished quilt top.  I can't tell you how exciting it is to have the top of this one complete.

Once I had the top assembled, I was ready to focus on the back.  I had quite a few units left over, and I didn't want to waste them, so a pieced back was in order. 

I made 2 diamond blocks:

1 flying geese strip:

1 splash of color:

1 patchwork:

7 stars:

And 1 of these:

I'm still working out how I'm going to put everything together for a coherent back, but I have plenty of leftover fabric to work with.  I think it's going to be great when it's all together. Hopefully I will get it finished in time to have it quilted in the next few weeks.  That way I will have some binding to bring with me on vacation.

All told, 2015 was a productive year.  The 13 blocks I finished in December pushed the total up to 1098 for the year.  I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I broke 1000.  I'm not expecting to do that again this year, but we'll have to wait and see.

Posted on January 3, 2016 and filed under 350 Blocks Project.