This is one of the easiest dinners I make. It's so nice to get it started in the morning and come home in the evening to dinner that's ready to eat. The leftovers reheat well for lunch the next day.
- 6 quart slow cooker
- 2 pounds lean ground meat
- 1 onion
- 1/3 cup minced garlic (the kind that comes in a jar)
- 1 packet taco seasoning (2 Tbsp)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (3 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 4 15oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can corn
- 2 15oz cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15oz cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips
- Chop onion.
- Cook ground meat and onion together on the stove. If needed, add a bit of oil to prevent sticking.
- When the meat is nearly cooked through, add the minced garlic and seasonings.
- Put the fully cooked meat mixture in the slow cooker. Depending on the type of meat you used, you may need to drain the fat first.
- Add canned tomatoes and corn directly to the slow cooker. Do not drain the liquid.
- Add rinsed beans and fold gently until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Cook on low for 6-10 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with toppings and enjoy.