I am a big fan of chewy chocolate chip cookies. I'm also a fan of anything that combines chocolate and peanut butter. These cookies are the best of both worlds. They are a tiny bit crispy around the edges, and chewy throughout the center. The peanut butter flavor is subtle, adding just a little punch to a classic.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- Add baking soda, salt, and flour, and blend well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest on the baking sheet for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and allow to cool completely. The centers will be gooey while the cookies are warm. Once the cookies have cooled completely, the centers will become chewy.