350 Blocks Project: July Report

I finished quite a lot of blocks in July.  First, I made 64 of these for a baby quilt.  I followed the 3 Dudes Quilt tutorial by Missouri Star Quilt Company, but I used five strips in each set instead of four.

Next, I started working on some gemstone blocks for another baby quilt.  So far, I have completed 51 of these.  I'm calling them gemstones because they are slightly different from the traditional square-in-a-square.  When they are sewn together, all of the points will be chopped off of the inner squares.  It reminds me a little bit of the way gemstones are cut.

That puts me at 115 blocks for July, and 710 blocks so far this year.  I don't think I'm going to have any trouble surpassing my goal of 1000 blocks for the year.

Posted on August 2, 2015 and filed under 350 Blocks Project.