Triangle Time

My retreat quilt from last year is nearly complete.  I quilted it with Champagne Bubbles by Kristin Hoftyzer, and I attached the binding to the front.  All that's left is hand stitching the binding to the back on quiet evenings.

The construction of this quilt created quite the pile of bonus triangles.  Of course, I couldn't allow those to go to waste.  A while ago, I sketched this design to use them.

Around the time that I created this sketch, I found out that I had friends that were expecting children.  I wanted to make baby quilts for them, so I set this aside to work on those.  Now, two of the quilts are complete, and the third just needs the binding stitched down.  The fourth baby isn't due until January, so I can wait a bit to start on that quilt.  Now that I have some breathing room, I am excited to finally get back to the triangles.  It is going to be so much fun to see this design take shape in fabric.

The first step was to trim all of the bonus triangles to the same size and cut off the dog ears from each corner.  Next, I figured out how many of each type of triangle pair I needed in order to make the quilt.  Finally, I sorted all of the fabrics as evenly as possible into piles to make the pairs.  It makes me happy to have everything nice and organized.  I am so excited to sew these up!

Posted on September 11, 2015 and filed under Work in Progress.