350 Blocks Project: October Report

Time has gotten away from me.  It's already almost halfway through November, and I haven't figured out my block count for October.  I suppose I'd best get on that.

The first thing I worked on was a baby quilt for a friend.  She is due in January, and she's not going to find out what she's having.  I decided to go with bright, happy fabrics that aren't traditionally girl or boy colors.  I made a modified rail fence block with squares where the center rail would normally be.  The quilt has 80 blocks, and I have assembled them into a quilt top.

Next, I worked on some of these blocks for a charity quilt.  The Gallatin Quilt Guild partners with the local chapter of Habitat for Humanity to give quilts to each person when they get their new home.  At the guild retreat, everyone was given the supplies to make one of these blocks.  There were plenty of extra pieces, so a friend and I tag teamed 13 more blocks.  I sewed them while she pressed them, and we got them done really quickly.  I'm going to count the block I did by myself, and half of the blocks we tag teamed.  That gives me 7 of these.

When I got home from retreat, I was in the mood to work on something quick and easy.  I decided a table runner was in order.  I had a charm pack in my stash that I got on sale a long time ago.  My husband likes decorating for fall, so it was the perfect fit.  For this, I'm counting 7 blocks - one for each row.  I'm still working on binding this one, so the only picture I have is from when I was quilting it.  

All told, that gives me 94 blocks in October and 1044 blocks so far this year.  I can't believe I broke 1000 with two months to spare!  

Posted on November 12, 2015 and filed under 350 Blocks Project.