350 Blocks Project: June Report

I am thrilled to say that I actually made some quilt blocks last month!  I have not been doing well at that so far this year, but I think I have turned the corner.

First, I made 45 of these Serendipity blocks.  I started making the strip sets in October, and I have been snowballing corners for months.  It feels great to finally have these all the way to blocks.

Once the blocks were complete, it wasn't too much trouble to get them assembled into a quilt top.  42 of the blocks are here, and the remaining 3 will go on the back of the bonus quilt.  If you would like to make one of your own, the Serendipity pattern is in Block Volume 1 Issue 5 by Missouri Star Quit Company.  It is currently available both digitally and in print.  There is also a video tutorial.

I had saved the trimmings from the ends of the strip sets, so I squared them up and randomly sewed them into groups of four.  I haven't decided exactly how I'm going to put them together, but I'm thinking they will also end up on the back of the bonus quilt.  These 15 blocks were a fun evening project.

All together, I made 60 blocks in June.  That's almost quadruple what I had finished all year so far!  The 60 in June added to the 16 from January and March puts me at 76 blocks for the year.  I'm hopeful that this is the start of something good.  Maybe I'll even catch up before the year is out.

Posted on July 7, 2016 and filed under 350 Blocks Project.